Thursday, March 12, 2009

Finished Science and Nature Project

The following images are of my finished 'Science and Nature Project,' which was photographed in the photography studio located in Millenium Hall (UW-Stout).

Overall, I am happy with the finished 'drawing.' The finished project measures [approximately] 5' wide (from the two furthest points of the fallopian tubes) x [approx.] 3' high x a foot and a half to 2' [where the base (vagina) extends outward]; in addition, it has approximately 10-12 lbs. of wax covered over the surface area, with the majority of the weight from the wax located on the base (vagina/battlefield). I haven't calculated the exact number of army men used throughout the composition, but I assure you, it was a lot!!

I do wish more time would have been allocated to complete this project because of the technical/structural issues I encountered. Ideally, I would have preferred to use wood, rather than foam core, to stabilize the drawing, wax, army men, etc... The foam core, as suspected, didn't withstand the weight of the wax too readily. Complications especially arose during transportation. The problems primarily occurred where the base connects and forms a 90 degree angle (in the 'vaginal/battlefield' region).

If you would like to see more photographs of this project, please see my photobucket account, which is where the images have been downloaded. You may click on either of the images above or click on the following link:
http://photobucket.com/jensstudioart_finishedscienceandnatureproject

No comments:

Post a Comment